Like it's name, this chakra deals with insight. When open, you have excellent clairvoyance, and tend to dream a lot. If it's under-active: you tend to look up to other people to think for you. Relying on beliefs too often, you also tend to be confused most of the time. If it's over-active: you tend to live in a world imagination all day long. In the extremes, you could suffer from frequent daydreams or even hallucinations.
- Sit cross-legged.
- Put your hands in front of the lower part of the breast. The middle fingers should be straight and touch the tops, pointing away from you. The other fingers are bent and touch at the two upper phalanges. The thumbs point towards you and meet at the tops.
- Concentrate on the Third Eye Chakra and what it stands for, a little above the center of the two eyebrows.
- Silently, but clearly, chant the sound "OM" or "AUM."
- All this time, relaxation of the body should come a bit naturally, and continue to think of the chakra, it's meaning, and how it does or should affect your life.
- Keep doing this until the same "clean" feeling seems to come back or intensify.