This chakra is based on self-expression and communication. When the chakra is open, expressing yourself is easy, and art seems to be a great way to do this. If it's under-active: you tend not to speak too much, so you are classified as shy. If you lie often, this chakra can be blocked. If it's over-active: you tend to speak so much, it annoys a lot of people. You could also be a pretty bad listener.
- Once again, sit on your knees.
- Cross your fingers on the inside of your hands, without the thumbs. Let the thumbs touch at the tops, and pull them up a bit.
- Concentrate on the Throat Chakra and what it stands for, at the base of the throat.
- Silently, but clearly, chant the sound "HAM."
- All this time, keep on relaxing your body, thinking of the chakra, it's meaning, and how it does or should affect your life.
- Keep doing this for about five minutes, and the "clean" feeling will intensify once again.