Precautions During Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- If you feel little bit of discomfort then you can reduce the ratio of breathing.
- Under No circumstances the proportion of the breathing should be forced.
- Practitioner should NEVER cross his body stamina and should never try over practice to get benefits earlier, as it may cause fatigue or giddiness.
- People who have undergone abdominal surgeries, heart surgeries, brain surgeries should consult the medical expert or consultant.
- Please do not rush to increase the proportions, as it will not help, but trying to practice easy ratio (4:6 seconds) for little more time may help.
- Initially one should start slowly by inhalation in 3 sec and exhalation in 3 sec. Slowly you an increase it to 4 : 4 sec then 3 : 6 sec and then 4 : 8 sec.
- The practice can be up to 5 minutes initially but slowly one can increase it to 15 minutes safely.
- be patient and practice regularly and constantly. Increase practice gradually after the body gains more stamina within few days.
- This is very good breathing exercise for women during pregnancy but over straining must be avoided.