- Rub Chebulic myroblan herb in water. Apply this paste over the swelling. This is an effective home remedy for curing mumps.
- Smear the leaves of peepal leaves with clarified butter and warm them over fire. Place these leaves over the swelled area and bandage it properly.
- Peel one side of the herb Indian aloe. Warm the peeled side and sprinkle some turmeric powder over it, along with the extract of Indian barbery. Place it over the inflamed area and bandage it properly.
- The seeds of asparagus and fenugreek are beneficial in treating mumps. Take equal proportions of asparagus and fenugreek seeds and grind them. Adding some water, make a paste out of it. Apply this paste over the swellings to get relief.
- Grind dry ginger and make a paste with water. Apply this paste over the infected area. Not only would this reduce the swelling, but also subsidize the pain.
- Mash the leaves of margosa and add some turmeric powder and water, to form a paste. Apply this paste over the affected area. It would prove effective in treating mumps.
- It is advisable to avoid any kind of acidic food. The patient suffering from mumps should not be given citrus juices and curd. Instead, water and vegetable soup should be preferred.
- Liquids like rice water, flavored with some ghee and taken along with raw mango pickle, are amongst the ideal foods during mumps.