- The best remedy to cure hangover at home would be to increase the intake of vitamin C in the body. Consume fresh citrus fruit juice in large amounts in the morning to cure hangover.
- Another simple remedy which is effective would be to increase in the intake of water. Higher levels of water counter effects the alcohol levels in the body thus curing hangover.
- Lime juice is also beneficial in treating hangover. Take a glass of water and add lime to it. Drink this solution.
- Have several cups of strong coffee. This would reduce or lessen the effect. Tomato juice, peppermint tea or ginger tea also proves worthwhile in treating hangover.
- Consuming a tablespoon of honey would also be beneficial in treating a person who's on a high with alcohol. Since honey has higher levels of fructose, it would act favorably.
- Take a bowl of cold/ chilled water. Dip a handkerchief and apply it on the forehead. This would provide instant relief from the headache caused and also lessen the hangover.
- In 8 ounces of water, add 2 tsp of fresh lime juice and a tsp of sugar. Drink this mixture slowly sip by sip. It would relieve a aperson from the hangover.
- Taking hot water bath the next morning will also be helpful in treating a person who has had alcohol the previous night. It would drain away all the toxins.
- Peel the banana and immerse the peels in a cup of water. Cool this water and drink it. This would helpful in treating in hangover.
- A good cure to relieve a person from hangover would be to make him/her drink chocolate milk before going to bed.
- Make a cup of black coffee without sugar. Add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Drink this concoction. This is an effective remedy to treat hangovers.
- Take a cup of hot water and immerse 5 to 6 crushed thyme leaves in it. Simmer it for about 5 minutes and then strain the tea. When warm, drink this tea. It would provide relief from hangover.
- Having food during and after drinking would help in reducing the effect of hangover.