- The immediate remedy for burns would be to apply ice on the affected area. You can also dip the affected body part in chilled water, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The most popular and effective way to cure burns is to apply honey on the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
- Yogurt also acts efficiently in treating burns. Apply a generous amount of yogurt on the burn and keep it for about 15 minutes, before rinsing off. It would cool down the burnt area and provide relief.
- In case you have burnt the tip of your finger, tightly grip your ear lob. It might sound funny, but you would feel no pain at al.
- One of the effectual treatments of burns would be to cut a piece of onion and keep it over the burnt area. It would provide instant relief.
- Immerse the burnt portion in a bowl of whole milk for about 15-20 minutes. It would provide relief and cure the burn.
- Egg whites also prove beneficial in curing or treating burns. Beat the egg white lightly and apply on the affected area.
- You can also apply diluted vinegar on the burn. It would be very effective in healing the burns.
- Lavender oil also is helpful in treating burns. Dab the affected area with lavender oil. If the burn is severe, apply the oil 3-4 times in a day.
- Aloe Vera also treats burns effectively. Cut some fresh aloe Vera leaves and place them on the burnt area.
- After the burn gets healed, break a capsule of vitamin E and pour the liquid on the affected area. It would prevent formation of a scar.
- It might sound amusing, but applying some dish washing detergent on the burnt area helps ease the pain.
- Apply the papaya pulp on the affected area. The enzymes present in it would heal the wound and help remove dead cells as well.