There several mantras and remedies for the planets prescribed in the various scriptures. We are giving bellow the most effective ones in our experience.
For Surya or Sun related troubles and during the dasa or antardasa of sun:
1.Worship the ruling deity Lord Shiva2. Recite Aditya Hridaya stotra daily or Gayatri Mantra daily.
3. Japa of Sun’s moola mantra: “Om hram hreem hroum sah suryaya namah”, 6000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the soorya stotra:
Java kusuma sankasam kashyapeyam mahadutim
Tamorim Sarva paapghnam pranatosmi Divakaram
5. Charity: Donate wheat, or sugar candy on sunday.
6. Fasting day: Sundays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishek.
8. Rudraksha: Wear Ekamukhi or 12 mukhi Rudraksha
For Chandra or Moon related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Moon:
1. Worship the ruling deity Gouri.
2. Recite Annapoorna stotram.
3. Japa of Moon’s moola mantra: Om shram sreem shraum sah chandraya namah, 10000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Chandra stotra:
Dadhi Shankha tushaarabham ksheero darnava sambhavam
Namaami shashinam somam shambhor mukuta bhushanam
5. Charity: Donate cow’s milk or rice on Monday.
6. Fasting: On Mondays.
7. Pooja: Devi pooja.
8. Rudraksha: Wear 2 mukhi Rudraksha.
For Mangala or Mars related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Mars:
1. Worship the ruling deities Kartikeya and Shiva.
The Kartikeya mantra is “Om Saravanabhavaya Namah”
The Shiva mantra is “Om Namah Shivaya”
2. Recite Kartikeya or Shiva stotra.
3. Japa of the Mars mantra: Om kram kreem kroum sah bhaumaya namah, 7000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Mangala stotra:
Dharani garbha sambhutam vidyut kanti samaprabham
Kumaram shakti hastam tam mangalam pranamamyaham.
5. Charity: Donate Masoor dal( red lentils) on tuesday.
6. Fasting: On Tuesdays.
7. Pooja: Kartikeya pooja or Rudrabhishekha.
8. Rudraksha: Wear a 3 mukhi Rudraksha.
Mars is also the remover of debts and the giver of wealth. The following is a highly recommended stotra of Mars for this purpose.
Nrishtekargaacha hartaacha sarvadevascha poojitah.
Lohito Lohitaakshascha samagaana Kripaakarah
Dharmatmajah Kujobhoumou bhumido bhuminam
Rakta maalyambaradharam shulashakti gadaadharah
Charbhujo yeshagato varadamcha dharaasutah
Mangalo bhumiputrascha runahartaa dhanapradah
Sthiraasano mahaakaayo sarvakaama phalapradam
For Budha or Mercury related problems and during his dasa and antardasa:
1. Worship Lord Vishnu.
2. Recite Vishnu sahasranama stotra.
3. Japa of the Budha beeja mantra: Om bram breem broum sah budhaya namah, 17000 times in 40 days.
4.Recite the Budha stotra:
Priyangu Kalika Shyaamam Roopena Pratimam Budham
Soumyam Soumya gunopetam tam Budham Pranamamyaham.
5. Charity: Donate Udad dal on Wednesday.
6. Fasting: On Wednesdays.
7. Pooja: Vishnu pooja.
8. Wear a 10 mukhi Rudraksha.
For Guru or Jupiter related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Guru:
1. Worship Lord Shiva.
2. Recite Shri Rudram.
3. Japa of the Guru beeja mantra: Om jhram jhreem jroum sah gurave namah, 16000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Guru stotra:
Devanam cha rishinam cha Gurum kaanchan SannibhaamBuddhi bhutam Trilokesham tam namaami Brihaspatim.
5. Donate: Saffron or turmeric or sugar on Thursdayon.
6. Fasting: On Thrusdays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishekam.
8. Wear a 5 mukhi rudraksha.
For Shukra or Venus related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Venus:
1. Worship Devi.
2. Recite Shree Sooktam or Devi stuti or Durga chalisa.
3. Japa of Shukra beeja mantra: Om dram dreem droum sah shukraya namah, 20000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shukra stotra:
Hima kunda mrinalaabham daityanam paramam gurumSarv shastra pravaktaram bhargavem pranamamyaham
5. Donate clothes or dairy cream or curd to a lady on Friday.
6. Fasting: On Fridays.
7. Pooja: Devi pooja.
8. Wear a 9 mukhi Rudraksha.
For Shani or Saturn related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Shani:
1. Worship Lord Hanuman.
2. Recite Hanuman chalisa or any other Hanuman stotra.
3. Japa of Shani mantra: Om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah, 19000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shani stotra:
Nelanjan samabhasam ravi putram yamagrajamChaaya martand sambhutam tam namami shanaischaram
5. Donate a buffalo or black til (sesame seeds) on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Hanuman pooja
8. Wear a 14 mukhi Rudraksha.
For all Saturn related troubles Dasharatha Shani Stotra of is an excellent remedy.
For Rahu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Rahu:
1. Worship Bhairava or lord Shiva.
2. Recite the Kalabhairav asthakam.
3. Japa of the rahu beeja mantra: Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah, 18000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Rahu stotra:
Ardha Kaayam maha veryam chandraditya vimardhanam
Simhika garbha sambhutam tam rahum pranamamyaham.
5. Donate: Udad dal or coconut on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Bhairav or Shiva or Chandi pooja.
8. Wear An 8 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. One of the best remedies for rahu is reciting the first chapter of Durga Saptasati.
For Ketu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Ketu:
1. Worship Lord Ganesha.
2. Recite Ganesha Dwadasanama Stotra.
3. Japa of the Ketu beeja mantra: Om shram shreem shroum sah ketave namah, 7000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Ketu stotra:
Palasha pushpa sankaasham taraka graha mastakam
Roudram roudratmakam ghoram tam ketum Pranamamyaham.
5. Donate: A black cow or black mustard seeds on thursday.
6. Fasting: On Thursdays.
7. Pooja: Ganesh pooja.
8. Wear a 9 mukhi rudraksha.
9. A very good remedy for Ketu is the reciting of Shiva Panchakshari Stotra.
Gayatri Mantra of planets:
Sun: Om Bhaskaraya Vidmahe Mahadyutikaraya Dhimahi Tanno Aditya Prachodayat
Moon: Om Ksheeraputraya Vidmahe Amruta-tatvaya Dhimahi Tanno
Chandra PrachodayatMars: Om Angarakaya Vidmahe Sakti Hastaya Dhimahi Tanno Bhaumah PrachodayatSaturn: Om Neelanjanaya Vidmahe Chhayamartandaya Dhimahi Tanno
Shani PrachodayatPlanetary remedies from Valmiki Ramayana:
The reciting of various chapters of Valmiki Ramayana is prescribed in many scriptures as a remedy for many things.Uma Samhita prescribes reading once a day some canto to the other from Valmiki Ramayana for each Mahadasa. They are:
Ravi: Bala kanda, 73rd chapter
Chandra: Sundara kanda, 5th chapter
Kuja: Bala kanda 36th and 37th chapter
Rahu: Yuddha kanda, 75th chapter
Guru: Sundra kanda, 11th chapter
Shani: Bala kanda, 30th chapter
Budha: Sundara kanda, 35th chapter
Ketu: Ayodhya kanda, 50th chapter
Shukra: Sundara kanda, 36th chapter
Apart from that reciting of the following chapters from Valmiki Ramayana
Jain Navagraha Mantra (Navakara Mantra):Om Namo Arahanthaanam – For Moon and Venus
Om Namo Siddhaanam – For Sun and MarsOm Namo Aayariyaanam
Om Namo Uvajhaayaanam – For Mercury and Jupiter Om Namo Loye Savva-saahoonam – For Saturn, Rahu and Ketu