Method of Doing Sukha Pranayama
Sit comfortably in any meditative posture. Your back should be straight and chin parallel to ground. Keep the palms on the knees and observe your natural breathing. Feel the breath flowing and out of the lungs. Let the breathing be natural. Feel the abdominal movement while breathing. While inhaling , let the abdominal wall move out and while exhaling let it move in. Keep your mind clear, only "observing" your breathing. While inhaling, feel the power and energy flow and while exhaling imagine throwing out tension, stress and disease.
Benefits of Sukha Pranayama
- Provides deep relaxation to the body and mind.
- Strengthens the nervous system and respiratory system.
- Improves concentration.
- Relieves stress , depression and hypertension.
- It is an aid to meditation
- It calms the mind
- It help to centre yourself inwards