Method of Doing Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Initiate with breathing through left nostril, keeping the other nostril shut with the thumb. You must ascertain that lungs are entirely filled with air so that airway becomes completely saturated with oxygen.
- Follow this with holding breath for 3 seconds with both nostrils closed.
- Thereafter, lose hold of right nostril and breathe in & out.
- Again, hold breath for 3 seconds with nostrils closed.
- Follow this with breathing in and out for completion of one round of anulom vilom pranayam.
- Repeat the procedure for the least of 10 minutes.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- More oxygen is made available per breath, making the breathing most efficient.
- Blood is purified of toxins.
- Very effective for stress management.
- Helps reducing the anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses.
- Also it reduces hyperactive disorders related to mind.
- Balancing Ida and Pingala removes all the blockages in the pranic energy channels, which may lead to spiritual awakenings.
- Helps to get rid Headaches & Migraine pains.
- beneficial for heart patients
- helps in removing blockages in arteries
- Helps in controlling blood pressure